Sunday, August 3, 2008

Techno but lovely!

Fear and trepidation greeted me on this one, but better late than never. This summer has kept me scrambling every second. No time to smell the roses, as it were. Therefore, I naturally wanted to create a mosaic that, inspired by color, had to include flowers. I found this activity so simple that I was actually disappointed, I wanted to build a mosaic with probably 40 or 50 floral images in several colors.

What I like about the juxtaposition of pink and vivid green is that the resulting images make one long for the scent of the flowers. I also like the contrast between the cool and warm images, the soft and vivid ones. I changed out the color combinations several times until I got this one. All but the last one, which I can't quite see, are flowers that thrive here in Houston, despite the heat. They're doing better in the heat than I am, I assure you!

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." John Keats said it. Or rather, to be more precise, John Keats wrote it down, and that's the only reason why we associate this very common sentiment with him exclusively. We've all thought it, but Keats wrote it down, so he gets the credit for the thought! Certainly using technology to appreciate the natural world is a wonderful juxtaposition!

No comments: